This large 177-acre estate in the southern Graves area was already under vines
in the 16th century and once the property of Pope Clement V.
The domaine was divided in 1877 in three smaller properties and the Bonnet family (also owner of Chateau Respide) acquired in 1965 the smaller one, about twenty-two hectares that kept the name Pavillon de Boyrein.
The soil is clay-sand mixed with some limestone underground and the estate nicely located on a sunny slope right at the entrance of the Sauternes appellation.
The twenty-two hectares are divided into four hectares of Sauvignon blanc and Sémillon producing a dry white wine and eighteen hectares of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon producing a soft and round wine.
The white grapes are twenty years old and the red ones are forty years old.
Only 2,000 cases of white Graves and 4,000 cases of red Graves are produced yearly.